Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Clifty Falls: Enjoy the pie ... and the view
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:00 AM
The results are in, and voters have selected the top 10 pies and fall foliage locations in Indiana.
And, Clifty Falls State Park scored well in both categories.
More than 100 pies and fall foliage locations were nominated by members of Indiana's tourism industry as part of the launch of VisitIndianaFall.com.
"As the leaves change color and the summer temps disappear, there's a special nostalgia about fall in Indiana," said Mark Newman, director of the Indiana Office of Tourism Development. "We're thrilled to showcase the beauty and traditions our state has to offer this time of year. We know if you visit Indiana you'll leave with a fond memory and a satisfied sweet tooth."
The Top 10 list is part of the Indiana Office of Tourism Development's fall travel season promotion. The list is now available at VisitIndianaFall.com in the fall favorites section.
Top 10 Indiana Pies
1. Apple Pie, The Apple Works (Trafalgar)
2. Apple Pie a la mode, Apple Hill Orchard (Bruceville)
3. Sugar Cream Pie, Wick's Pie (Winchester)
4. Sugar Cream Pie, Clifty Inn Restaurant (Madison)
5. Peanut Butter Pie, Olde Richmond Inn (Richmond)
6. Pecan Pie, Fort Harrison State Park Inn (Indianapolis)
7. Berry Pie, Das Dutchman Essenhaus (Middlebury)
8. Variety of Cobblers, Stone Hearth Café (Centerville)
9. Shoo-Fly or Pumpkin Pies, Amish Acres (Nappanee)
10. Mini Peanut Butter Pie, Abe Martin Lodge (Nashville)
Top 10 Indiana Fall Foliage locations
1. Brown County State Park (Brown County)
2. Indiana Dunes State Park (Chesterton)
3. Clifty Falls State Park (Madison)
4. Turkey Run State Park (Marshall)
5. Indiana University (Bloomington)
6. eXplore Brown County (Nashville)
7. Spring Mill State Park (Mitchell)
8. West Beach (Portage)
9. McCloud Nature Park (North Salem)
10. University of Notre Dame (Notre Dame)
Indiana hosts more than 62 million visitors each year, generating more than $10 billion in direct and indirect spending statewide.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
Message is a required field.
Captcha entry is not valid, please try again.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
Search only accepts letters and numbers.
© 2016 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved