Five escape Canaan fire
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:00 AM
Members of the Canaan Volunteer Fire Department spent three and one-half hours Saturday battling a house fire at 10642 N. State Road 62.
The house was owned by Houston Holland, but was rented. The name of the renters was not known.
Chief Ray Stephan said the fire started around 5:30 a.m. as a result of a wood-burning stove.
The five people inside the home escaped with no injuries. The home is considered a total loss, Stephan said.
Madison Township Fire Department assisted at the scene.