Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Job fair might be start of something big
Monday, April 14, 2014 11:00 AM
If you're looking for a job, mark April 22 on your calendar.
On that day, Ivy Tech Community College, WorkOne, the Department of Workforce Development, the Madison Chamber & Economic Development, and EcO15 are hosting a Jefferson County Job Fair at Ivy Tech.
The goal of the fair is to inform community members, Ivy Tech students, and WorkOne clients about area employment opportunities and the organizations that offer them.
Businesses and organizations will be on hand to discuss their job openings with potential employees.
Some employers will conduct interviews; all will accept applications.
There are a few tasks to take care of before attending the job fair.
· Come prepared. Bring a resume that details your educational and work backgrounds along with a list of references.
· Be ready to answer questions. Don't be satisfied to just drop off a resume. Take time to speak with the employers. It helps to connect a face with a name on a resume. This is your first, and best, chance to make an impression - and first impressions are important.
· Dress appropriately. No jeans and sneakers. Remember, you are selling yourself and a neat appearance counts.
· Do your homework. If you're interested in a particular company know some facts about that company - what the company manufactures or what service it provides and the history of the company. Employers are impressed with job applicants who show an interest in their business.
· Most important of all, come with an upbeat attitude. A friendly smile and firm handshake could help land you in the job of your dreams.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved