Valentine’s Day: Embrace the ones you love
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:00 PM
Today is Valentine’s Day, a day set aside each year to do what we should do every day of the year - let those important to us know how much we appreciate having them in our lives. ?Those who understand what makes a loving relationship say they’d most like to have intangibles such as time together, health or happiness … but a box of chocolates can’t hurt.
For centuries, poets have written about love. Here are some thoughts - all from unknown authors - to share with your Valentine.
• “Don’t find love, let love find you. That’s why it’s called falling in love, because you don’t force yourself to fall, you just fall.”
• “Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman, but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.”
• “It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone... but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.”
• “I believe that to truly love, is the ultimate expression of the will to live. A heart that truly loves is forever young.”
• “Love makes life so confusing, but without love would you really want to live?”
• “Do you love me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because I am loved?”
• “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
And, for the less romantic...
“A good marriage is like a casserole, only those responsible for it really know what goes in it.”
We’re a nation that embraces embracing. May you and all your loved ones enjoy a happy Valentine’s Day.