Year In Review
Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Calendar - October 30, 2012
Courier Sports Staff
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:00 AM
- Four members of Southwestern's conference championship volleyball team have been named to the All-Ohio River Valley Conference team in voting by league coaches.
Sarah Anderson, Savannah Hubbard, Karli Long and Lexi Means were all selected from Southwestern which went undefeated in the ORVC and won the sectional title last week. Coach Chris Johnson was named the ORVC Coach of the Year.
Shawe's Kalyn Robison was also selected to the team.
The rest of the All-ORVC team is: Rising Sun's Ali Bostic and Bailee Bostic; South Ripley's Rachel Hensley and Allie Linkmeyer; Jac-Cen-Del's Shelbie Huffmeyer; and Milan's Kayla Peetz, Shelby Ross and Shelby Tippett.
Ali Bostic was also named the conference's mental attitude award winner.
- Hanover College's Dexter Britt has been named the Heartland Conference's offensive football player of the week for the third time this season.
Britt, a junior quarterback from Louisville's Male High School, completed 17 of his 29 passes for 210 yards and five touchdowns against Defiance, the league's previously top ranked defense.
Hanover (5-2, 5-0 HCAC) will host Earlham at 1:30 PM on Saturday.
- Columbus North's Andy Carr finished 12th in the Brown County Cross Country Semistate in a time of 15:58.
Carr ran third for his seventh-ranked and three-time defending state champion North squad. North won the semistate team title with a score of 62 points.
Carr is the grandson of former Madisonian Andy Taff. He is the son of Candy Taff and John Carr of Columbus.
- Hanover College's women's rugby team picked up the first win in its four-year history with a 43-0 victory over Earlham on Saturday.
Carrie Knauer had a hat trick with three trys and also added two conversion kicks. Taylor Forsyth had two trys, Alex Forward and Libby Bower had one try each.
In the B-side game, Hanover lost to an Earlham squad supplemented by several Hanover A-side players by a 27-10 score. Hanover trys were scored by Madeline Ashby and Hannah Palmer.
Hanover hosts Earlham on Nov. 4 at 1 p.m.
- Hanover College's men's rugby team fell to Earlham 29-5 on Saturday.
Spencer Hadley had a tough run down the left sideline to tie the score at 5-5 for the Panthers' lone score.
Hanover travels to DePauw on Nov. 3.
- The Hoosier Hills Otters swim club will hold registration and swimmer assessments on Thursday and Friday from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Madison Junior High pool.
New swimmers must bring a copy of the their birth certificate, a swim suit and a towel.
For more information, visit the team's website at www.teamunity.com.inhho or the team's Facebook page.
- Southwestern's booster club will hold a girls basketball soap and towel game on Friday at Delbert O. King Gym in Hanover.
The night will begin with a chili supper at 5 p.m. with the game to begin at 6:30 p.m. The scrimmage will include the 2012-13 vardity and junior varisty teams under new head coach Kenny Garrett. Admission is a bar of soap, bottle of shampoo, a towel (preferably white) or Tide wash detergent.
- Shawe Memorial will hold its boys basketball soap and towel game on Saturday Nov. 17 at 6 p.m.
The entry fee will be towels or laundry detergent to be used by the team this season.
- Fast pitch softball group lessons for hitting, defense, and pitching are forming soon. Group lessons will be held on Sunday afternoon and space is limited.
For more info, call Kevin Brierly at (812) 866-3098 or (513) 594-9903.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved