Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - August 13, 2014
Courier Sports Staff
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:00 AM
- Shawe Memorial's volleyball program will hold a pair of intra-squad scrimmages on Thursday.
The junior high teams will play from 6:30-7 p.m. with the junior varsity and varsity hitting the court from 7-8 p.m.
Admission to the event is free.
- Southwestern's volleyball program will hots its annual Red, White, and Blue intersquad scrimmage match this Saturday beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The annual Alumni Match will follow and any Southwestern volleyball alumni interested in playing in the match may come and participate. Alumni will be announced at the match.
- The Madison Booster Club will hold a meeting on Monday at 6 p.m. in the high school conference room. All meetings are open to the public.
- Madison Parks Department will hold adult fall softball meetings on Monday on the patio at the Broadway Tavern.
The women's meeting starts at 6 p.m. with the men's meeting at 7 p.m. Anyone interested in entering a team in either league should have a representative at the meeting.
Entry fee for the women's league is $250 while the men's league is $400.
For more info on either league, call Scott at (812) 265-8308 or (812) 493-9840.
- The Madison Parks Department now has applications available for cheerleading and Little League Volleyball.
The cheerleading program is designed for students in kindergarten through grade six. Participants will cheer during the Little League Football season.
The application deadline for cheerleading is Friday with a mini-camp planned for Monday at 6 p.m. at the Rucker Sports Complex. The participation fee is $50.
Fort more info about cheerleading, call Brandi at (812) 599-7533 or Scott at (812) 493-9840.
Little League Volleyball is for students in grades four through six. The application deadline is Aug 22. Practices start in late August with games played during September and October. The participation fee is $50.
For more info about volleyball, call (812) 265-8308 or (812) 493-9840.
Cheerleading and Volleyball forms are available at the Parks Office located in the Brown Gym and online at madisonparks.com.
- The Farmers Bank of Milton will hold its 23rd Annual Benefit Golf Scramble on Saturday at Sunrise Golf Course. Registration will start at 9 a.m. with play beginning at 10 a.m.
The cost is $60 per person and $240 per team. The entry fee will include; a cart, golf balls, golf towel, can coozy and lunch. Private carts are welcome. Mulligans and Skins will be available for $5.
For more info, call Ray Black Jr. at (812) 265-5811 or contact David Hertz at (800) 826-5766.
- Hanover College's tennis program will host a girls advanced singles and doubles strategy camp Saturday. The camp is designed for serious tournament players who are interested in competing at the collegiate level.
Directed by Hanover's new head coach Ryan Miller, the camp features intense drilling sessions, singles and doubles match play and a question-and-answer session addressing the transition between high school and college tennis.
Camp lasts from approximately from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. with a break for lunch and tours of the Hanover campus.
The cost is $60, which includes instruction, match play and lunch. All athletes must complete a medical waiver prior to the start of camp. The form is available at www.hanover.edu/athletics/summercamps.
For more info, contact Miller at email@example.com or (812) 866-7191.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved