Year In Review
Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - August 14, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:00 AM
- Season Tickets for all Madison High School athletic events are now on sale in the athletic office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
Football tickets are $18, soccer is $30 and is good for both boys and girls games, volleyball is $25, all-sport season pass is $175 for family and $50 for students.
- Southwestern's Athletic Department is now selling All-Sports passes for the 2013-2014 school year.
The passes will be sold for a discounted rate for the entire month of August and will go up in price for the rest of the year starting on Sept. 1. The passes are $20 for students and 50 and over, $45 for adults and $115 for the immediate family.
Tickets can be purchased at any high school or middle school soccer or volleyball game this fall. They can also be purchased in the athletic office.
Call athletic director Tom Scroggins at (812) 866-6243 for more information.
- Deadlines are fast approaching for the Madison Parks Department's volleyball league.
The deadline to sign-up for volleyball is Aug. 23.
The participation fee is $50. Applications can also be turned in at the Parks Office located in the Brown Gym during normal office hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or mailed to the Madison Parks Department at 101 W. Main Street, Madison, IN, 47250. Forms are also available online at madisonparks.com.
For more info, call the parks office at (812) 265-8308 or (812) 493-9840.
- The first practice for Shawe Junior High cross country is today at 3:30 p.m.
Practice is open to all girls and boys in grades six through eight who are interested in running cross country this fall.
- Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge is open to recreational fishing at 165-acre Old Timbers Lake on Mondays, Fridays and the second and fourth Saturdays of each month through November.
For more info, call the refuge office at (812) 273-0783 or visit the website www.fws.gov/refuge/big_oaks.
- The Jefferson County Goodwill Conservation Club will hold a series of fishing tournaments on the second Saturday of each month through the end of the month.
Each tournament runs from 6 a.m. to noon and will be held at the Jefferson County Goodwill Conservation Club Lake off County Road 933 between Deputy Pike and SR 250 in Deputy.
The entry fee is $10 and winner takes 50 percent. For more info call (812) 866-4616 or (812) 801-6314.
- The second annual CASA Kids Golf Scramble will be Saturday, Sept. 14 at Cozy Acres Golf Complex in Madison.
Registration is at 9:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. The cost is $25 perperson of $100 per four-player team. Proceeds support education and training for volunteers of the Vopices for Children CASA/GAL program in Jefferson and Ripley counties.
For more info, call Pam Moon at (812) 599-2630 or reach her by email at SEIvoices@cinergymetro.net. Check can be made payable to: SEICC, P.O. Box 351, Madison, IN 47250.
- Switzerland County Tourism will host a Cabela's King Kat Tournament Trail $10,000 Super Event at Paul Ogle Riverfront Park in Vevay Aug. 9-10 and pre-registration is now under way.
A team event, teams can consist of one of two persons and a third person providing the individual is less than 16 years or over 65 years of age. A six rod limit rule applies and anglers may fish the Ohio River from McAlpine Dam to Meldahl.
Entry fee is $200 per teamand members are required to join the Cabela's King Kat Association. Late entries are accepted at an additional charge.
Registration and a complete set of rules and regulations is on-line at www.kingkatusa.com and at various businesses around Switzerland County and at the Switzerland County Visitors Center, 128 W. Main St., Vevay.
You can also contact the Switzerland County Visitors Center at (812) 427-3237 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cincinnati Reds will welcome FFA members, their families and friends, alumni and supporters to Great American Ballpark for FFA Day at the Ballpark on Sunday, Aug. 25.
The Reds take on the Milwaukee Brewers at 1:15 p.m.
Discount tickets are being specially offered to FFA members and supporters. A View Level Box or Mezzanine seat is $17.50, regularly sold at $25 each, or a Field Box seat is $24.50, regularly sold at $36.
For every ticket sold, $2 is donated back to Ohio FFA.
To order tickets and support Ohio FFA, go to www.Reds.com/FFA and enter promotional passcode "OHFFA."
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved