Year In Review
Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - August 16, 2014
Courier Sports Staff
Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:00 AM
- Southwestern Middle School's soccer program opened the 2014 season with a 2-1 win over Jennings County on Thursday.
Skyler Short and Caleb Ream scored goals for the Rebels. Great defensive play was contributed by Gabe Smith, Brandon Smith, Johnny Anderson and Luke Bryant. In goal, Mitchell Cline had six saves.
Southwestern hosts Christian Academy on Tuesday.
- Southwestern's volleyball program will hots its annual Red, White, and Blue intersquad scrimmage match today beginning at 5:30 p.m.
The annual Alumni Match will follow and any Southwestern volleyball alumni interested in playing may attend and participate.
- The Madison Booster Club will meet at 6 p.m. on Monday in the high school conference room. Meetings are open to the public.
- Southwestern is selling 2014-15 All-Sports Passes during the month of August.
Passes are good for all Southwestern middle and high school events at home - excluding tourneys.
Cost is: Adults age 18-49 $45, age 50 and up $20, Southwestern Students $20 and Family Passes (household family members only) $115. After August, prices increase to: Adults 18-49 $60, 50 and up $30, Students $30 and Family Passes $150
For more info, call Tom Scroggins at (812) 866-6243.
- Madison High School season tickets and All-Sport passes are now on sale.
Football season tickets are $20, boys and girls soccer are $30 and volleyball are $25. All-Sport passes for a family of four are $175 with $30 for additional family member. Student All-Sport passes are $50.
The Athletic office is open 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. each weekday.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved