Courierarea Sports Shorts - December 17, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:00 AM
- Madison's junior varsity boys basketball team lost to Jeffersonville 54-52 in overtime Saturday on the road.
Mitchell Seng led Madison with 12 points. Kevin Stewart scored 11.
The Cubs had beaten South Deaborn 64-19 a night earlier at Salm Gym as Stewart led the Cubs with 15 points, Quenton White scored nine and Carson Compton had eight.
Madison (2-1) hosts Bedford North Lawrence on Friday.
- Madison's freshmen boys basketball team defeated Switzerland County 47-13 on Monday.
Blake Kiefer led the Cubs (4-1) with 11 points.
- Switzerland County's jayvee boys basketball team defeated Rising Sun on Friday, 39-21 at home.
Hunter Hayes led the Pacers with 14 points, along with six rebounds and six steals. Justin Green scored nine points and pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
Switzerland (4-0) visits South Ripley on Friday.
- Shawe Memorial's jayvee girls basketball team defeated South Ripley 30-22 in Versailles on Thursday.
Jenna Armstrong led the Hilltoppers (8-1) with 10 points. Sarelia Rios-Garcia added eight points.
- Southwestern's seventh grade boys basketball team defeated Jennings County's "B" team 35-34 on Tuesday night.
Caleb Ream led the Rebels with 15 points while Talon Harmon added eight.
Southwestern visits Immanuel-Lutheran today.
- Madison's junior high boys basketball teams split a pair of games on Monday against Central Columbus.
In the seventh grade game, Madison fell 49-22. Cooper Yancey led the Bears with nine points while Daulton Tingle added four.
Madison came back in the eighth grade game, winning 48-45. Connor Thurnall poured in 22 points for Madison, Braydon Perry added 12 and Carson Howser chipped in six.
The seventh grade is now 3-3 on the season while the eighth grade remains undefeated at 6-0.