Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - December 17, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:00 AM
- Madison's junior varsity boys basketball team lost to Jeffersonville 54-52 in overtime Saturday on the road.
Mitchell Seng led Madison with 12 points. Kevin Stewart scored 11.
The Cubs had beaten South Deaborn 64-19 a night earlier at Salm Gym as Stewart led the Cubs with 15 points, Quenton White scored nine and Carson Compton had eight.
Madison (2-1) hosts Bedford North Lawrence on Friday.
- Madison's freshmen boys basketball team defeated Switzerland County 47-13 on Monday.
Blake Kiefer led the Cubs (4-1) with 11 points.
- Switzerland County's jayvee boys basketball team defeated Rising Sun on Friday, 39-21 at home.
Hunter Hayes led the Pacers with 14 points, along with six rebounds and six steals. Justin Green scored nine points and pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
Switzerland (4-0) visits South Ripley on Friday.
- Shawe Memorial's jayvee girls basketball team defeated South Ripley 30-22 in Versailles on Thursday.
Jenna Armstrong led the Hilltoppers (8-1) with 10 points. Sarelia Rios-Garcia added eight points.
- Southwestern's seventh grade boys basketball team defeated Jennings County's "B" team 35-34 on Tuesday night.
Caleb Ream led the Rebels with 15 points while Talon Harmon added eight.
Southwestern visits Immanuel-Lutheran today.
- Madison's junior high boys basketball teams split a pair of games on Monday against Central Columbus.
In the seventh grade game, Madison fell 49-22. Cooper Yancey led the Bears with nine points while Daulton Tingle added four.
Madison came back in the eighth grade game, winning 48-45. Connor Thurnall poured in 22 points for Madison, Braydon Perry added 12 and Carson Howser chipped in six.
The seventh grade is now 3-3 on the season while the eighth grade remains undefeated at 6-0.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
Message is a required field.
Captcha entry is not valid, please try again.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
Search only accepts letters and numbers.
© 2016 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved