Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - December 26, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:00 AM
- Trimble County's Michael Dunaway was recently named the North Central Kentucky Conference Boys Basketball Player of the Week for Dec. 2-7.
Dunaway, a 6-foot-5 sophomore, averaged 21 points and 14 rebounds in two wins for the Raiders.
- Madison's jayvee boys basketball team defeated Austin 54-30 on the road on Saturday.
Mitchell Seng led the Cubs with 11 points, Dylan Bilz had nine points and Chad Ison scored seven.
Madison, now 3-2, hosts Salem Jan. 4.
- Madison's junior varsity girls basketball team lost to Bedford North Lawrence 49-13 on the road on Saturday.
Ashlee Allen led the Cubs with eight points.
Madison, now 4-4, travels to Brownstown Central Jan. 7.
- Switzerland County's jayvee boys basketball team picked up a pair of wins over the weekend.
On Friday, the Pacers defeated South Ripley on the road 37-32. Dakota Fuller scored a team-high 10 points while Hunter Hayes had nine and Justin Green scored six. Kollin Hayes added four points while Caleb Furnish and Zach Whitaker scored three points each and Brody Splain had two. Whitaker had a team-high five rebounds while Kollin Hayes had four assists.
On Saturday, Switz defeated Christian Academy on the road 35-34. Kollin Hayes scored 12 points with Hunter Hayes adding nine. Zach Whitaker scored eight points with Brody Splain and Dakota Fuller scoring three points each. Hunter Hayes had a team-high seven rebounds and six steals while Kollin Hayes dished out four assists.
- Madison's junior varsity boys basketball team lost to Bedford North Lawrence 53-44 at home on Friday.
Quenton White led Madison with 12 points and Kevin Stewart added nine.
Madison, now 2-2, travels to Austin tonight.
- Shawe Memorial's jayvee girls basketball team defeated Borden 41-25 at home on Thursday.
Sarelia Rios-Garcia scored 13 points and had five rebounds to lead the Hilltoppers. Jenna Armstrong had eight points and four rebounds.
Shawe, now 5-1 on the season, travels to Crothersville on Monday.
- Madison's freshmen boys basketball team lost 47-39 to New Albany on Wednesday.
Daniel Anderson and Chase Wattenbarger led the Cubs with 13 points each.
On Monday, Madison defeated Jennings County 59-46. Blake Kiefer scored 21 points and Anderson had 16.
Madison is now 5-2 on the season.
- Madison Junior High's boys basketball teams swept Southwestern on Thursday.
The seventh grade (4-4) won 46-17. Hunter Anderson had 10 points and Drew Barron and Cooper Yancey scored eight each for the Bears.
The eighth grade (8-0) won 52-25. Adam Todd was named the player of the game.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
Message is a required field.
Captcha entry is not valid, please try again.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
Search only accepts letters and numbers.
© 2016 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2016 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved