Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - December 4, 2012
Courier Sports Staff
Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:00 AM
- Madison's junior varsity boys basketball team defeated Providence 38-24 Saturday on the road.
Kevin Stewart scored 13 points to lead the Cubs and Quenton White scored eight.
Madison, now 3-0, travels to South Dearborn on Friday.
- Switzerland County's jayvee boys basketball team defeated Trinity Lutheran 40-32 on Friday.
Riley Phagan had 17 points and Ben Curran had 15 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Pacers.
Switzerland County, now 3-0, travels to Rising Sun on Friday.
- Madison's freshman boys basketball team pushed its record to 3-0 with a 45-29 victory over Lawrenceburg on Monday.
Reece Dryden and Chad Ison both scored in double figures with 19 and 11 points, respectively. Ison also had nine rebounds and Kirkland Royalty had six steals.
- The Kent Christian Academy archery team traveled to Versailles, Ky. to compete in a meet over the weekend.
The Patriots had two individual winners. Kaden Koehler won the fourth-grade male division and Addy Leach won the fourth-grade female division.
Other results were: Noah Caswell, third (fifth grade male); Jordan Royalty, fourth (high school female); Taylor Royalty, sixth (high school female); Josh Mullins, seventh (fourth grade male); and Katherine Caswell, 10th (middle school female).
- Autumn Finke, granddaughter of Verna Finke of Madison, recently signed a National Letter of Intent to swim for the University of Florida next year.
Autumn Finke currently she swims for Saint Petersburg Aquatics and just completed her senior season with Countryside High School in Clearwater, Fla.
Finke recently swam in the 1500 freestyle the United States Open in Indianapolis finishing eighth. She will be returning to Indianapolis in June of next year to compete in the World Championship Trials.
Finke's parents Joe and Jeanne are Madison High School graduates.
- The Madison Junior High softball program will have a meeting today in the high school gym at 6 p.m.
The meeting is for anyone in the seventh or eighth grade interested in playing softball in the spring of 2013. Coach Tony Ralston is asking for both parents and students to be present at the meeting so that he can introduce what they have planned.
For more information contact Ralston at (812) 701-6544.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved