Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - December 8, 2012
Courier Sports Staff
Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:00 AM
- Shawe's Luke Higgins, Southwestern's Austin Courtney and Switzerland County's Chase Ritch have each been named Ohio River Valley Conference players of the week.
Higgins and Ritch shared the award in boys basketball. Higgins, a senior, scored a career-high 34 points in a loss at Southwestern. Ritch, a junior, hit a school record nine 3-pointers (9-for-14) for 27 points in a win over Trinity Lutheran.
Courtney, a junior, had 27 points, 14 rebounds and eight steals in two games for the Lady Rebels. She shared the award with Jac-Cen-Del's Brianna Volz.
- Shawe's boys junior varsity basketball team lost 46-30 to Ohio River Valley Conference rival South Ripley on Friday night in Versailles.
Kaelin Jines led the Hilltoppers with eight points. Whit Grote had six.
The Hilltoppers also lost 34-20 to Indianapolis Scecina last Saturday in Madison.
Brad Koehler led the Hilltoppers with eight points and Jines scored five.
Shawe, now 1-3, travels to Henry County on Friday.
- Madison's boys junior varsity basketball team upped its record to a perfect 4-0 with a 52-26 win at South Dearborn Friday night in Aurora.
Kyle Tucker and Alex Weaver led the Cubs with 10 points each.
Madison hosts Jeffersonville tonight.
- Madison's junior varsity girls basketball team defeated New Washington 35-21 on the road Tuesday.
Delany Liter and Katie Hartman had seven points each for the Cubs.
Madison, now 6-1 on the season, hosts Seymour today.
- Trimble County's jayvee boys basketball team defeated Owen County 35-27 on the road on Tuesday.
Dusty Wyssbrod, Josh Rexroat and Leighton Taylor led the Raiders with 10 points each.
Trimble, now 1-1, was at St. Francis on Thursday.
- Madison's freshman boys basketball team suffered its first loss of the season, 47-33 at Seymour on Wednesday.
Carson Compton was named the Cubs' offensive player of the game while Reece Dryden was the defensive player of the game. Dustin Rice earned the sixth man award coming off the bench.
- Madison's seventh grade girls basketball team lost 39-16 to Jennings County Thursday night.
Emma Beasley led the team in scoring with 10 points. Bre Povaleri followed with 6 points and Hannah Imel scored 2 points.
The Bears (1-2) visit Columbus Central on Tuesday.
- The Hoosier Hills Otters Swim Club competed in the RAC Turkey Classic on Nov. 17-18th at Highland Hills Middle School - a USA sanctioned meet with six teams and 412 total swimmers.
Local swimmers competing included: Callie Anderson, Casey Anderson, Alexis Bivens, Paige Maddox, Beth Mahoney, Katie Royce-Miller, Carter Schutte, Lexy Thacker, Tyesha Thompson and Abbi Wynn.
The meet was the Otters' first of the season. H20 club plans to take 17 swimmers to the Bloomington Winter Invite Dec. 15-16 the Indaian University Natatorium in Bloomington.
- Switzerland County High School's girls basketball team will be holding an Angel Tree Game Toy Drive on Tuesday.
The Lady Pacers host South Ripley that day and fans are asked to bring a new, never opened toy and will be entered to win free Nike Pacer gear and two buffet passes to Belterra Casino and Resort. The drawing will be held at the end of the third quarter.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved