Year In Review
Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - January 9, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:00 AM
- Shawe's Taylor Grote has been named the Ohio River Valley Conference girls basketball player of the week.
Grote, a junior guard, had 65 points, 14 rebounds, six assists and six steals in five games over the Christmas break.
South Ripley's Trey Sparks won the award in boys basketball.
- Madison's jayvee girls basketball team defeated Silver Creek 28-22 at home on Tuesday.
Raven Lee led the Cubs with eight points. Ashlee Allen and Delany Liter had six points each.
Madison, now 12-2 on the season, travels to Corydon on Saturday.
- Madison's freshman boys basketball team defeated South Dearborn 39-28 on Monday.
Chad Ison had a double-double with 16 points and 13 rebounds. Carson Compton had nine rebounds and four steals. Dustin Rice came off the bench with a fine effort to pick up the sixth man award.
- Carroll County's freshman boys basketball team defeated Evangel Christian 58-33 Monday at home.
Justin Ray led the Panthers with 13 points. Evan McMahan had nine points.
- Shawe Junior High's girls basketball teams split with New Washington on Monday.
The seventh grade (3-0) won 21-20. Kate Grote had nine points and Erin Cooper scored six.
The eighth grade (1-3) lost 44-18. Claire Higgins had seven points, Megg Hensler scored five and Carson Hambrick had four.
- The 2013 Knights of Columbus free throw shooting contest will be Saturday, Jan. 19 at Shawe Memorial High School.
The event, open to all boys and girls ages 10-14, is free. Registration will start at 8:30 a.m. with competition beginning at 9 a.m.
For more info, call Pat Berry at (812) 273-6607.
- Carroll County's girls basketball team is offering a chance to win a car at an upcoming game.
In order to win the car, the participant must make a half court shot, a lay-up, a free throw, and a 3-pointer in 24 seconds.
The team is selling raffle tickets for $5. The event will take place Jan. 26 when the Lady Panthers play Eminence.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved