Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - November 12, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:00 AM
- Hanover College kicker Dylan Dunlop has been named the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Football: Special Teams Player of the Week.
Dunlop, a senior from Miami, Fla., kicked a 21-yard field goal and three extra points in Hanover's 24-21 win over Manchester on Saturday. With the six points, Dunlop set Hanover's career kick-scoring record, boosting his career total to 167 points.
- The Madison High School boys basketball teams will hold their intra-squad Soap Game on Thursday starting at 6 p.m. Teams from the entire program, seventh grade through varsity, will participate.
In addition to the games, the team has cleaned out the uniform closet and will be selling old game uniforms from as far back as the Matthews era. Uniforms will be for sale.
- The next meeting of the Madison Cub Booster Club will be at 6 p.m. on Monday in the high school conference room. All meetings are open to the public.
- Switzerland County's girls basketball home opener against Southwestern today will also serve as the Lady Pacers' Angel Tree Game.
The team is asking fans to bring a toy to the game to receive a chance to put their name in a drawing to win a Pacer basketball rainproof pullover. The more toys they bring, the better their chances of winning. The winner will be drawn at the beginning of the varsity game's fourth quarter.
The angel tree committee will be also in attendance for anyone who is interested in adopting an angel. Fans will also have the opportunity to earn a chance to win the pullover if they adopt an angel.
- Switzerland County's football program held its first awards banquet to celebrate the inaugural season of Pacer football.
Award winners were: Kollin Hayes, High School Offensive MVP; Rio Gonzalez, High School Defensive MVP; Dakota Fuller, High School Special Teams MVP; Mikey Gatto, Middle School Offensive MVP; and Pete Records, Middle School Defensive MVP.
- The Girls on the Run 5K Fun Run will be held Saturday, Nov. 23 at the Madison High School track.
The event starts at 10 a.m. The early bird cost is $15 and includes a long-sleeve shirt. The cost without a shirt or on race day is $10. Registration is 9-10 a.m. on race day.
To register online, visit www.kdhmadison.org. For more information, call (812) 801-0175.
- Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge is open to recreational fishing at 165-acre Old Timbers Lake on Mondays, Fridays and the second and fourth Saturdays of each month through this month.
For more info, call the refuge office at (812) 273-0783 or visit the website www.fws.gov/refuge/big_oaks.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved