Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - November 15, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Friday, November 15, 2013 10:00 AM
- Shawe Memorial's girls jayvee basketball team outscored Providence 10-0 in the fourth quarter to win 25-24.
Jenna Armstrong led Shawe with 11 points. Sarelia Rios-Garcia scored four.
Shawe, now 2-0 on the season, travels to Crothersville on Friday.
- Southwestern Middle School's boys basketball teams swept Jac-Cen-Del in the season opener for both teams on Thursday.
The eighth grade win 29-25. Coleman Jones had 15 points to lead the Rebels while Connor Skirvin scored eight.
The seventh grade won 25-18. Caleb Ream led the Rebels with eight points. Abel Rueda and Mickey Abbott each scored six points.
Southwestern travels to Shawe on Monday.
- The Hanover women's rugby club defeated Ball State 35-22 on Saturday.
Kala Farineau started the scoring with a breakaway try. Ceyanne Foye added two scores and Angela Fleck and Libby Bower also scored trys in the victory. Hannah Parker was a perfect 5-for-5 on conversion kicks.
The victory pushes the club's record to 7-1 on the season. Hanover closes the fall season with a road game at the University of Cincinnati club on Saturday.
- The schedule for the Ohio River Valley Conference Boys Basketball Jamboree has been set.
The event will be held at Jac-Cen-Del High School on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 1 p.m. Southwestern will face host JCD in the first quarter and Switzerland County in the second quarter. Switzerland will take in Rising Sun in quarter three. Shawe faces Rising Sun in the fourth quarter and South Ripley in the fifth.
Milan and South Ripley meet in the sixth quarter and Milan and Jac-Cen-Del will play in the seventh.
Admission is $5.
- Season tickets for Madison High School boys and girls basketball are now on sale in the Madison athletic office.
The price of tickets is $33 for each sport. Madison High School students can purchase a Pep Club ticket for $33 which is good for all games.
The athletic office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- The next meeting of the Madison Cub Booster Club will be Monday at 6 p.m. in the high school conference room. All meetings are open to the public.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved