Courierarea Sports Shorts - November 2, 2012
Friday, November 02, 2012 11:00 AM
- Southwestern's booster club will hold a girls basketball soap and towel game today at Delbert O. King Gym in Hanover.
The night will begin with a chili supper at 5 p.m. with the game to begin at 6:30 p.m. The scrimmage will include the 2012-13 vardity and junior varisty teams under new head coach Kenny Garrett. Admission is a bar of soap, bottle of shampoo, a towel (preferably white) or Tide wash detergent.
- The Madison area Special Olympics bowling tournament will be held in Clarksville on Saturday, Nov. 10.
Practice will be held at Madison's Ten Pin Alley Thursday from 3:30-5 p.m.
New Special Olympics athletes who wish to attend the tournament must attend a practice no later than this week in order to register.
- The Girls on the Run 5K Fun Run will be held Saturday, Nov. 15 starting at 9 a.m.
The race will begin at Madison Junior High School and the registration fee is $15. To register, visit www.kdhmadison.org.
- Shawe Memorial will hold its boys basketball soap and towel game on Saturday Nov. 17 at 6 p.m.
The entry fee will be towels or laundry detergent to be used by the team this season.
- Fast pitch softball group lessons for hitting, defense, and pitching are forming soon. Group lessons will be held on Sunday afternoon and space is limited.
For more info, call Kevin Brierly at (812) 866-3098 or (513) 594-9903.
- Madison Parks & Recreation Department is accepting applicants for its fourth, fifth and sixth grade boys and girls little league basketball programs now through Friday.
The participation fee is $50 per player with a $20 late fee after Nov. 2. Practice starts the week of Nov. 12 and play begins the week of Dec. 10.
Applications are in local schools and they can also be obtained by visiting www.madisonparks.com. For more info, call the parks department at (812) 265-8308.