Courierarea Sports Shorts - November 28, 2012
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:00 AM
- Madison's girls junior varsity basketball team defeated Floyd Central 43-27 on Tuesday in Madison to remain unbeaten on the season.
Allison Bushong led Madison with eight points while Katie Hartman and LeAnn Fox scored seven points each and Annelise Hackney added six.
Brianna Roth topped the Highlanders with eight points.
Madison (5-0) visits Jeffersonville Friday.
- Madison's freshman boys basketball team opened the 2012-13 season with a 37-22 victory over Austin on Monday.
Carson Compton had 11 points, five rebounds and three assists for the Cubs. Chad Ison and Jamaal Caldwell also had strong games.
Madison (1-0) visits South Ripley on Thursday.
- Madison's girls track and field team will begin conditioning today after school.
For more info call 701-4990.
- The Madison Area Special Olympics competed in a bowling tournament in Clarksville on Nov. 10. Winners for the event include:
First place: Preston Abbott, Zach Bowling, Tim Boyer, Bobby Butler, Levi Finkbine, Scotty Franklin, Christopher Geyman, Christopher Jones, Bailey Stucker, Cory Stucker, Jake Taylor, Trey Taylor and Travis Ward.
Second place: Roy Corya, David Elliott, Zach Myers, Erin Schmitt, Stacie Shelton, Marley Speer, Dillon Splain and David Wentworth.
Third place: Travis Hamilton, Matthew Hatton, Lyidia McRoberts, Matt Menchoffer and Tabby Yarling.
- Switzerland County High School's girls basketball team will be holding an Angel Tree Game Toy Drive on Dec. 11.
The Lady Pacers host South Ripley that day and fans are asked to bring a new, never opened toy and will be entered to win free Nike Pacer gear. The drawing will be held at the end of the third quarter.