Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - November 30, 2012
Courier Sports Staff
Friday, November 30, 2012 10:00 AM
- Carroll County's boys junior varsity basketball team defeated Trimble County 43-24 Thursday in Carrollton.
Isaiah Hogan led the Panthers with 13 points while Brad Osborne scored eight and Jacob Wise, John Adams and Derrick Wright had six points each.
Grant Craig led the Raiders with six points while Ryan Blanton and Josh Rexroat scored five each and Josh Creech added four in what was the Raiders season opener.
The Panthers visit Williamstown Monday. The Raiders visit Owen County Tuesday.
- Shawe's Joey Mingione and Switzerland County's Emily White have been named Ohio River Valley Conference players of the week.
Mingione, a senior guard, scored a career-high 25 points had seven rebounds and four steals against Hauser in the season-opener.
White, a senior guard, had 26 points, five steals and two assists in two games for the Pacers.
Rising Sun's Sydney Elliott and Rising Sun's Nathan Hannan were also named players of the week.
- Madison's freshmen boys basketball team defeated South Ripley 38-20 on Wednesday.
Chad Ison led the Cubs with 17 points and six rebounds to pick up offensive player of the game honors. Reece Dryden fought off a first-half injury to grab six steals and was named the defensive player of the game. Jamaal Caldwell picked up the sixth man award for the second straight game.
- Madison's seventh grade girls basketball team lost to Columbus Northside 29-18 on Thursday.
Emma Beasley led the Bears with 10 points. Hannah Imel, Nettie Eigel, Bre Povaleri, and Amelia Hall scored two points each.
Madison hosts Jennings County on Thursday.
- The Madison Junior High softball program will have a meeting on Dec. 4 in the high school gym at 6 p.m.
The meeting is for anyone in the seventh or eighth grade interested in playing softball in the spring. Coach Tony Ralston is asking for both parents and students to be present at the meeting so that he can introduce what they have planned.
For more information contact Ralston at (812) 701-6544.
- Switzerland County High School's girls basketball team will be holding an Angel Tree Game Toy Drive on Dec. 11.
The Lady Pacers host South Ripley that day and fans are asked to bring a new, never opened toy and will be entered to win free Nike Pacer gear. The drawing will be held at the end of the third quarter.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved