Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - November 6, 2012
Courier Sports Staff
Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:00 AM
- The Madison High School girls soccer program held its annual awards banquet last week.
Award winners were: Alex Acosta, Top Player, Utility Player and Co-Lady Cub Award; Alex Thurnall, Academic All-District, All-Hoosier Hills Conference Second Team, All-HHC Academic Team and Offensive Player Award; Delanie Jones, All-HHC First Team; Molly McGarry, Academic All-District, Academic All-HHC, Most Assists and Co-Lady Cub Award; Richelle Cassell, Academic All-District and Academic All-HHC; Emily Luhn, Academic All-District, Academic All-HHC and Most Improved; Cara Walker, Academic All-District and Academic All-HHC; Jordyn Watson, Academic All-HHC and Defensive Player Award; Jennie Wilson, Hustle Award; Clarissa Guillen, Co-Lady Cub Award; Amber Umila, Co-Lady Cub Award; Pia Wenke, Always a 'Lady Cub' given to foreign exchange students; and Maddie Robinson, Surprising New Comer Award.
- Madison Regatta Inc. will hold its monthly membership meeting at the American Legion Post 9 on at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
All members of Madison Regatta, or those wishing to join, are encouraged to attend.
- Southwestern High School will honor all veterans during its girls basketball home opener against Eastern (Pekin) on Saturday.
All veterans and active military will be given free admission to the game and the school will have a short ceremony honoring veterans in between the junior varsity and varsity games. The jayvee game will begin at 6 p.m.
- The third annual Taterbug Jeff-Craig Fire and Rescue Taterbug 30 Ultramarathon and Relay was held over the weekend in Switzerland County.
Douglas Ludmann of Union, Ky. won the event with a time of 3:52:08. Chris Puckett of Indianapolis was second in 3:53:38 and Mark Scott, also from Indianapolis, was third 4:04:52.
Kelsey Ewing, from Indianapolis, won the female division in 4:18:03. Rachel Parrella of Sellersburg was second among women in 4:28:16 and Jennifer Castelli of Inverness, Ill. was third in 4:49:51.
Runners also took part in a team competition which allowed up to six runners to cover the entire distance in relay style. A local team, The Gym Class Heroes, won the event in a time of 4:44:04. The team consisted of Trisha Archer, Adam Archer, Katie Collier, Lance Collier, Cassie Courtney and Kacey Sullivan.
The second place team hailed from Fishers with one member traveling from Idaho to compete. The members, Katrina Guymon, Lyndee Kennett, Kelsey Lambert, and Sarah Yadon, finished in 4:50:31.
- The third annial Lights & Sirens to Remember 5K was held recently.
Winners in each category were: Overall Male Runner - Don Wright, 18:05; Overall Female Runner - Heidi Saunders, 19:52; Male Runners, 14-Under - Andy Holcroft, 21:30; Male Runners, 15-19 - Skyler Parker, 20:58; Male Runners, 20-29 - Tyler Canada, 21:22; Male Runners, 30-39 - Dwayne Steele, 18:57; Male Runners, 40-49 - Charles Love, 21:34; Male Runners, 50-59 - Robert Graham, 21:13; Male Runners, 60-Up - Wayne Mahoney, 25:31. Female Runners, 14-Under - Elizabeth Ray, 25:23; Female Runners, 15-19 - Lora Brown, 23:55; Female Runners, 20-29 - Megan Campbell, 26:10; Female Runners, 30-39 - Kimberly Christman, 24:08; Female Runners, 40-49 - Sheila Rose, 25:17; Female Runners, 50-59 - Kathy Fory, 26:27; Overall Male Walker - Scott Lee, 35:00; Overall Female Walker - Ginger Miller, 38:17.
- The Girls on the Run 5K Fun Run will be held Saturday, Nov. 15 starting at 9 a.m.
The race will begin at Madison Junior High School and the registration fee is $15. To register, visit www.kdhmadison.org.
- Shawe Memorial will hold its boys basketball soap and towel game on Saturday Nov. 17 at 6 p.m.
Admission to the game is towels or laundry detergent to be used by the team this season.
- The Hanover College Dance Team is offering Hip Hop/Jazz dance lessons for local girls ages 7-12 on Sundays from 4-5 p.m. with one of the team members.
For more information and to sign up for the classes please contact Marissa Disbrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fast pitch softball group lessons for hitting, defense, and pitching are forming soon. Group lessons will be held on Sunday afternoon and space is limited.
For more information, call Kevin Brierly at (812) 866-3098 or (513) 594-9903.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved