Year In Review
Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Health Mind & Body
Courierarea Sports Shorts - October 11, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Friday, October 11, 2013 11:00 AM
- Former Madison golf standout Brandon Tereshko finished in second place at the Taylor University Fall Invitational on Tuesday.
Tereshko, a senior at Taylor, shot a two-day total of even-par 144. His 3-under 69 on Tuesday's first round was a career low for Tereshko. He carded 12 birdies over the two rounds combined.
- Shawe junior varsity volleyball defeated South Ripley 25-24, 16-25, 15-12 on Thursday in Versailles.
Ava Lohrig had five aces on 12-of-13 serving. EmaLee Copeland was 33-of-38 passing with two digs and two kills and Carson Hambrick was 33-of-40 passing and 33-of-39 setting. Katelyn Moore and Bailey Wolf combined for four kills.
- Madison junior varsity volleyball lost to Floyd Central 25-14, 25-13 on Thursday at Salm Gym.
The Cubs are now 11-5 on the year.
- Southwestern junior varsity volleyball lost to Henryville 25-18, 24-25, 13-15 on the road on Thursday.
Amber Morrison was 17-for-17 serving with seven kills, five aces and four blocks. Jordyn McNally was 59-for-62 setting with 12 assists while Zaynah Watson added five kills, four blocks and three aces.
Southwestern is now 8-13 on the season.
- Madison junior high soccer capped an undefeated season on Monday by defeating South Ripley 5-0 in Versailles.
Scoring goals for Madison (9-0) were Landon Conner, Sam Heitz, Takanari Kato and Connor Thurnall with assists by Conner, Heitz, Thurnall and A.J. Karst.
MVPs of the match were Karst and goalie Brandon Stewart.
- Switzerland County junior varsity volleyball defeated Southwestern 25-24, 16-25, 15-11 on Tuesday.
Southwestern was led by Zaynah Watson's nine kills and seven blocks. Stephanie Eaglin was 10-of-12 serving with three aces and three kills with Jordyn McNally going 67-for-69 setting with 20 assists. Elizabeth Scianni and Amber Morrison had five kills each.
The Rebels are now 8-12 on the season and 4-2 in the Ohio River Valley Conference.
- Trimble County junior varsity volleyball defeated Carroll County 21-19, 10-21, 21-10 on Tuesday in Carrollton.
Katie Gonterman was 11-of-12 serving with 19 digs and two aces. Destiny Schroeder added 11 kills and two aces while Megan Turner chipped in with 11 digs.
On Wednesday, Trimble defeated Henry County 21-6, 21-6.
Raven Hudson was 12-of-13 serving with four aces and 18-for-18 setting. Bonnie Wilson was 11-of-12 serving with 10 digs and Schroeder and Gonterman had six kills each.
Trimble hosts Collins on Monday.
- Trimble County freshman volleyball concluded its season with a 21-10, 21-11 win at Carroll County on Tuesday.
The Raiders were led by Kate Staples, who was 17-of-18 serving and 7-of-7 setting with seven digs and six aces. Shelbe Black was 5-of-7 serving with eight kills and four aces while Autumn Ames added two kills and two digs.
Trimble County ends the season with an 11-1 record.
- The Fraternal Order of Police Stacks of Power Lodge No. 128 is holding its inaugural golf scramble tomorrow.
The event is at Sunrise Golf Course beginning at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $50 per golfer and includes greens fee, golf cart and lunch. Cash prizes will be awarded.
Entry forms and payment can be sent to FOP Lodge No. 128 C/O Yancy Denning, 317 Walnut St., Madison, IN 47250.
- Miss Madison Inc. will give hydroplane fans a chance to wish a happy retirement to driver Steve David on Friday, Nov. 8 at the Boneyard Grill in Madison.
The event runs from 7-9 p.m. and is open to anyone who wants to congratulate David on his retirement after 13 years as the driver of the Oh Boy! Oberto sponsored Miss Madison. Admission is free.
For more information visit www.missmadisonhydro.com.
- The Jefferson County Futbol Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22 to discuss the upcoming indoor soccer season.
The meeting is open to all prospective players and parents and will be held in the Madison Consolidated High School cafeteria.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved