Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - October 30, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:00 AM
- Hanover College's Josh Green and Kylie Justus have been named Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Players of the Week.
Green, a junior punter from Beaumaris, Australia, earned the award for football, special teams. Green averaged 36.6 yards per kick, including a long of 52 yards in the win over Defiance.
He had three punts land within the 20-yard line, including two inside the Defiance three yard line. One of those punts led to a second-quarter safety.
Green is currently third in the HCAC in punt average at 39.0 yards per punt with a long punt of 64 yards. Perhaps more importantly, he's had only one punt all season go for a touchback while pinning opponents inside the 20 12 times.
Justus, a senior return specialist from Crawfordsville, earned the award in volleyball. She totaled 43 digs and three aces in two matches, averaging 6.1 digs per set. Justus had 22 digs and two aces in a three-game sweep of Franklin and added 21 digs and one ace in a 3-1 victory at Anderson.
- The Hoosier Hills Otters Swim Team will hold registration and swimmer assessment on Monday at the Madison Junior High School Pool.
Registration will be from 6-7 p.m. Every swimmer must be able to swim 25 yards in both freestyle and backstroke.
For more information, see the group's website at www.teamunify.com/inhho.
- The Madison Parks Department is accepting Little League Basketball forms for the upcoming 2013-2014 season.
Boys and girls in grades four through six can participate. Forms are due Friday and the cost is $50 per player. Forms are available at the Madison Parks Department Office and at all area schools or can be printed off at www.madisonparks.com.
For more information call (812) 265-8308 or (812) 493-9840.
- The Southwestern High School pool is currently holding open swim on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays weekly from 7-9 p.m.
The cost is $1. Students must be 14 and over to attend open swim without an adult. All children under 14 must have an adult stay in the pool area the entire time the child is in the pool.
- Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge is open to recreational fishing at 165-acre Old Timbers Lake on Mondays, Fridays and the second and fourth Saturdays of each month through November.
For more info, call the refuge office at (812) 273-0783 or visit the website www.fws.gov/refuge/big_oaks.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved