Courierarea Sports Shorts - September 16, 2013
Monday, September 16, 2013 11:00 AM
- The Madison Cub Booster Club will meet at 6 p.m. today in the high school conference room.
All meetings are open to the public.
- Madison Cubs baseball will hold its annual golf scramble at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 29 at Sunrise Golf Course Entry fee is $50 a player. For more info call Joe Jenner at (812) 265-5132.
- The Madison Basketball Club will hold fifth and sixth grade girls basketball team tryouts later this month.
Tryouts will be from 3-5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 22 at Madison High School, and 5-6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 24 and Thursday, Sept. 26 at Rykers' Ridge Elementary.
Cost of the tryout is $60 per player and must be paid before player can try out. Money will be refunded if the player is not chosen for the team.
For more info, call Tiffany Sever at (812) 599-2842.
- The Southwestern High School pool is currently holding open swim on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays weekly from 7-9 p.m.
The cost is $1. Students must be 14 and over to attend open swim without an adult. All children under 14 must have an adult stay in the pool area the entire time the child is in the pool.
- The Fourth Annual Lights and Sirens 5K Fallen Heroes Walk-Run is Oct. 19.
Cost of registration is $20 if registered by Sept. 30 or $25 if received after Sept. 30.
Participants may mail their registration to Lights and Sirens to Remember 5K, P.O. Box 25, Madison, IN 47250 or register online at www.lightsandsirens5k.com.
For more info call (812) 701-7222 or email email@example.com