Madison Courier 10K Walk/Run
Letters To The Editor
News & Record
Carroll County Detention Center
Jefferson Circuit Court
Jefferson Superior Court
Real Estate Transfers
Health Department Inspections
Civil War Sesquicentennial
Courierarea Sports Shorts - September 20, 2013
Courier Sports Staff
Friday, September 20, 2013 11:00 AM
- Trimble County's junior varsity volleyball team fell to Walton-Verona 21-18, 21-11 on Thursday.
Bonnie Wilson was 7-for-7 serving with an ace and three kills. Destiny Schroeder was 6-for-6 serving with six kills and five blocks, and Katie Gonterman was 4-for-4 serving with two kills and three blocks.
Trimble travels to Gallatin County on Monday.
- Trimble County's freshman volleyball team defeated Walton-Verona 15-21, 21-16, 21-18 on Thursday.
Kate Staples was 21-for-22 serving with four aces and three kills, Shelbe Black was 11-for-11 serving with 15 kills and Cheyenne Riddell was 8-for-10 serving with two kills.
- Southwestern middle school soccer defeated Jennings County 3-0 on Tuesday.
Both teams played a scoreless first half, before the Rebels found momentum in the second half. Jacob Anderson scored two goals and Adam Anderson picked up the third score and Adam Anderson added two assists.
On Wednesday, Southwestern defeated South Ripley 3-1.
South Ripley took an early lead before the Rebels scored three straight goals to win the match. Jacob Anderson had two goals and Connor Skirvin added one.
Assists were made by Coleman Jones and Adam Anderson.
Southwestern is now 7-1-2 on the season.
- Southwestern girls basketball will be hold a fundraising car wash at the Hanover Subway from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Southwestern varsity swimming will host a fundraising car wash at the Pride Market from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
The team will also be selling ribeye sandwiches at the event.
- The Madison Basketball Club will hold third and fourth grade girls tryouts.
Third grade tryouts will be Sunday, Sept. 29 from 12-1:30 p.m. at Madison High School and Monday, Sept. 30 and Wednesday, Oct. 2 from 5-6:45 p.m. at Rykers Ridge School.
Fourth grade tryouts will be Wednesday, Oct. 2 and Friday, Oct. 4 from 5:30-7 p.m. at North Madison Christian Church. The final tryout will be Saturday, Oct. 5 at Madison High School.
Cost of the tryout is $60 and must be paid in full before the player is allowed to tryout. All money will be refunded if a player is not chose to the team.
Questions can be directed to Tiffany Sever at (812) 599-2842.
- Madison junior varsity tennis lost 4-1 to New Albany Tuesday on the road.
Results were: Singles - No. 1 Rohan Reddy (NA) d. Grant Ward (M) 8-2; No. 2 Peyton Martin (NA) d. Ben Cutshall (M) 8-1; Robby Hutchinson (NA) d. Patrick Grady (M) 8-3; No. 4 Cody Ogden (NA) d. Ben Cutshall (M) 8-1; Doubles - No. 1 Riley McGarry, Christian Brown (M) d. Jacob Prince, Drew Yellina (NA) 8-4.
- Madison junior high soccer picked up a pair of victories on Monday and Tuesday.
On Monday, the "B" team defeated Jennings County 6-1. Goals were scored by Sophie Backus, Kennedy Park, Taylor Rowlett, Dylan White, Alexis Stockdale and David Hayes. Assists were credited to Sydney Hammock, Isaac Hanson, David Hayes and Eric Larkins.
On Tuesday, the "A" team beat Shawe 7-0. G were scored by Landon Conner, Sam Heitz, Takanari Kato, A.J. Karst and Bergen Cornelius. Assists were credited to Conner, Kato, Karst, Tristan Storie and Connor Thurnall.
Madison plays Southwestern today.
- Madison Cubs baseball will hold its annual golf scramble at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 29 at Sunrise Golf Course
The entry fee is $50 per player. If interested call Joe Jenner at (812) 265-5132.
- The Madison Basketball Club will hold fifth and sixth grade girls basketball team tryouts later this month.
Tryouts will be from 3-5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 22 at Madison High School, and 5-6:45 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 24 and Thursday, Sept. 26 at Rykers' Ridge Elementary.
Cost of the tryout is $60 per player and must be paid before player can try out. Money will be refunded if the player is not chosen for the team.
For more info, call Tiffany Sever at (812) 599-2842.
- Girls on the Run begins this week. The program has five sites available in the area and spots remain open for girls in grades 3-5. Scholarships are still available as well.
Anyone interested in registering or seeking more info on the program should contact King's Daughters' Hospital Wellness Coordinator Heather Foy at (812) 801-0175 or email@example.com.
Info can also be found at www.girlsontherun.org.
Please fill out the form below to submit a comment.
A comment must be approved by our staff before it will displayed on the website.
© 2015 The Madison Courier 310 Courier Square, Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-3641 (800) 333-2885
All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved