(Courier staff photos by Trenton Scroggins)
(Courier staff photos by Trenton Scroggins)
The Madison Fire Department responded Thursday morning to the 1400 block of Chippewa Court after receiving a report of heat and the odor of something burning at a residence. When fire units arrived, they found fire conditions from the exterior of the residence, said a release from Chief Bill DeVries. Units entered the home and found an area of heat mainly in a small section of a wall and ceiling area, which they removed to find a smoldering fire. The news release said the cause of the fire was electrical and MFD ruled it accidental. Madison Police and King’s Daughters’ Hospital EMS also responded.