The fire at Dover Apartments on Monday is still under investigation, but Fire Chief Steve Horton said this morning the fire is believed to be accidental.

Horton said in a news release that the fire started in the bedroom.

Four companies from the city fire department responded to the fire. Crews extinguished the fire within a half hour of receiving the call.

The tenant of the apartment was taken to King's Daughters' Hospital as a result of the fire. Her name and condition were not released. The apartment received heavy damage and the apartment next to it had minor fire damage, Horton said.