Milton Fire and Rescue Captain Andrew Stark and firefighters from Madison Fire Department begin inspecting the vehicle once the flames are put out. (Madison Courier staff photos by Collin Overton)
Milton Fire and Rescue Captain Andrew Stark and firefighters from Madison Fire Department begin inspecting the vehicle once the flames are put out. (Madison Courier staff photos by Collin Overton)
Traffic on Milton hill is now open after a truck carrying more than 8,000 pounds of rock caught fire Thursday about 2 p.m. in an area just before the first turn. No one was injured, but traffic was at a standstill for about half an hour as Milton Fire and Rescue and Madison Fire Department put out the blaze. Kentucky State Police were also at the scene. Milton Fire and Rescue Captain Andrew Stark said old wiring and insulation in the truck likely started an electrical fire, although most of the evidence burned away. “It’s an old truck, it just overheated, got into the dash, and once you get into the dash, it’s got old insulation in it, so it just burns up real quick,” Stark said.